1. In the beginning, God made the world, and he was delighted. Then he made Adam and Eve and gave them a wonderful garden in which to live. The garden was called Eden. Adam and Eve took care of the garden and walked with God. Life was good.
Genesis 1:31 And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
2. But Satan, the enemy of God, came into that good life and persuaded Adam and Eve to disobey God. Their rebellion ruined everything.
Genesis 3:23 Therefore the Lord God sent them from the garden of Eden.
3. Because of their rebellion, sin entered our world and was passed down from generation to generation.
Genesis 6:5,6 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth…and it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
4. Because of sin there is a chasm between us and God. Some of us try to get back to God by good behavior or going to church. But we soon find out that nothing we do can make us right with God.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,
and come short of the glory of God.
5. God never stopped loving us. In his mercy, he sent his only Son, Jesus, to earth to bring us back to God. Jesus died, taking the penalty of all our sins upon himself. Then God raised Jesus from the grave.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
6. By accepting Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf, we become right with God.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Won’t you accept Jesus? Ask him to come into your heart. It’s the only way back to the loving arms of God.
From The Tract League at www.tractleague.com